Dry skin is a common pandemic. It can occur to just about anyone at any age and for many reasons. The condition is often less serious but once in a while, you’ll come across deadly symptoms such as dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) or an unsightly dry and ashy skin.
Either way, there’s nothing fancy about having a cracked, itchy skin. Not only is it uncomfortable but it can make you look less beautiful.
The worst part is that it can plague anyone—yes even those with naturally oily skin. Although it can affect all body parts, dry skin is common in legs, arms, and hands.
If you suffer from dry skin, you are in luck today. We will tell you why using a toner may help alleviate the symptoms. We will also reveal some of the best Korean toners on the market worth checking out.
What Causes Dry Skin?
Dry skin or dermatitis is typically caused by environmental factors. These include the following:
- Heat: Heating units including wood stoves, central heating, fireplaces, and space heaters lower humidity and in turn lead to dry skin.
- Weather Patterns: During winter, both humidity and temperature reduce making the skin dry.
- Hot Showers and Baths: This might shock you but taking hot showers and baths can dry your skins as swimming in extremely chlorinated pools can.
- Harsh Detergents: Some of the popular detergents, shampoos, and soaps are experts at sucking moisture from the skin in the name of eliminating oil.
- Other Skin Diseases: If you have eczema (atopic dermatitis) or psoriasis, you are prone to dry skin as well.
Symptoms of Dry Skin
In case you are wondering what denotes dry skin, here are some symptoms that can help you know if you make the cut:
- Persistent itching
- Deadly cracks that bleed every so often
- Rough, flaking, or scaly skin
- Gray, ashy skin
- Cracked or chapped lips
Why Use a Korean Toner for Dry Skin
Korean toners are trusted worldwide for healing the skin. They contain rich ingredients that help hydrate the skin, including amino acids, mineral water, kelp extract, grapeseed oil, hyaluronic acid, chamomile, propolis, and carrot root oil.
These elements are known to eliminate bacteria without necessarily tampering with the skin’s pH. What’s more, they are part of an intense K-beauty skincare regimen which holistically attacks bacteria and moisturizes the skin.
Best Korean Toner for Dry Skin
Another fantastic Korean toner for dry skin is the Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner. Packed in a sizeable bottle, it contains numerous ingredients meant to hydrate the skin. What makes this product stand out is the fact that it can be used on sensitive skin. You can use it to cleanse your skin, moisturize it while maintaining a healthy pH.
If you are looking for a Korean toner with the ability to freshen your face and promote the health of your skin, this is the ideal product for you. It has a rich texture capable of eliminating residues from your face and also supplies moisture and collagen, giving you a youthful look and complexion.
There it is. Dry skin can be anyone’s worst nightmare but thankfully, there are a ton of Korean beauty toners that can alleviate the symptoms. Trust these products to pump sufficient moisture into your skin, rid it of bacteria, and cleanse it without compromising its pH.